What is Conroe ISD’s commitment to parents?
Conroe ISD will work jointly with parents and the community to maximize learning for all students through collaborative partnerships and unity of purpose.
How is parent and family engagement funded on our Title I campuses?
Conroe ISD is required to set aside 1% of the total Title I, Part A allocation for the purpose of parent and family engagement. These funds are divided among the Title I campuses and spent on campus specific parent and family engagement activities outlined in each campuses individual Parent and Family Engagement Policy and School-Parent Compact.
How will Conroe ISD commit to communicating with parents?
Parents are provided information to help build capacity in ensuring effective involvement to support a partnership among the school, parents, and the community to improve student academic achievement. Two-way communication is encouraged for the school and families to be ongoing. Various forms of communication will be used throughout the school year, which include phone calls, emails, automated text messages, school newsletters, school website information, in person conferences, and school activities. Teachers and staff will be encouraged to communicate positive information to parents, to be available to parents, and to respond to parent requests in a timely manner. Parents will be encouraged to contact their child’s teacher or the school for questions and concerns. Required parent notices will be provided in English and Spanish.
How will Conroe ISD support family engagement on your campus?
- Conroe ISD will, with the assistance of all Title I schools, provide assistance to parents of children served by Title I, as appropriate, in understanding the following:
- The state’s academic content standards
- The state’s student academic achievement standards
- The state and local academic assessments including alternate assessments
- The requirements of Title I
- How to monitor your child’s progress
- How to work with teachers and school staff
- Conroe ISD will use the following activities to assist parents in the understanding of the above topics:
- Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Parent Orientation Activities
- Family Nights
- Campus Improvement Committees
- District Improvement Committees
- Conroe Independent School District Website
- Texas Education Agency Website