Special Needs Transportation
Special Needs Transportation provides curb-to-curb pick-up and drop-off services.
It may take 3-5 days for new or existing Special Needs students to be assigned Transportation Services once the Admissions, Review, Dismissal (ARD) is held and we receive the eSped paperwork from the campus.
All Special Needs buses are equipped with seat belts and students are required by law to wear them. Students are expected to stay in their assigned seat (with seatbelt fastened) until the bus comes to a complete stop at their final destination. Students that are assigned other safety equipment must use that equipment while on the bus.
In the event that no one is home to receive the student, and they are not authorized on the Supervision Waiver Form to be left alone, the driver will notify the office and record the location and time of arrival. The school will be notified that we are returning the undeliverable student. The parent will need to arrange to pick up their child.
It is the responsibility of the parents/guardians to:
- Inform the school, bus driver, and monitor of any medical condition or behavior, which could help us better assist your child and help assist with their safety and wellbeing while on the bus.
- Assure that an authorized person that you have listed on the Supervision Waiver Form (insert link) will be at the bus stop, on time, when your child is dropped off.
- Assure that the student meets the bus at the scheduled time. Buses are scheduled to arrive within a few minutes of the designated time each day. The bus driver is required to wait for three minutes and cannot wait any longer for a tardy student as this creates late pick-up times for other students and a late arrival to school.
- Parents/guardians shall not send students to the bus with food or drink to be consumed on the bus. One exception to this is bottled water, which may be consumed on the bus.
- Inform the school of any change of address or telephone number as soon as this information is available. If the address change requires rescheduling then it may take 3-5 days to establish a new route and time. If you are requesting an alternate address, the alternate address must be in the attendance zone of the home campus or the attending campus. Please note these changes may take 3-5 days to reflect on the route.
- No medications shall be transported on the school bus. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to transport medications to and from school.
- Parents/guardians should call their Transportation Center when their child is not going to ride the bus. If a student is absent for three days without notification, the bus will not return until our office is notified that the student is ready to ride. If your child has not rode the bus in two weeks or longer, they may be removed from the bus. You may contact your Transportation Center at 936-709-7940.