SafeSchools is a library of online school-focused safety courses that can be accessed anytime and anywhere on the CISD website.
Tuesday, August 8 is the first day teachers, librarians, speech therapists, and nurses will be back on contract for the 2017-2018 school year. As in the past, returning teachers, librarians, speech therapists, and nurses will have the opportunity to complete their 6.5 hours of SafeSchools training online during the summer prior to Tuesday, August 8 in exchange for reporting for duty on Wednesday, August 9. Those choosing to participate in the “exchange day” will complete their online staff development during the summer and report for duty on Wednesday, August 9, 2017 rather than Tuesday, August 8, 2017. To be excused from reporting for duty on August 8, 2017, all assigned training must be completed by August 7, 2017. No credit will be given for partial completion.
To complete your SafeSchools training, please follow the steps below:
- Beginning June 3, 2017, you will be able to login to the SafeSchools website to access your training.
- To access the courses and information, log in using your employee identification number (EIN) for your username. No password is required.
- Upon logging in to the SafeSchools site, you will see the list of courses that have been assigned to you.
- To start a training, click on the course title, then follow the prompts.
- You can start and stop a course at any time, but you must view each page of the training in order to receive credit.
- At the end of each course you must complete the required assessment with 70% accuracy in order to receive credit for the training.
- The training can be completed on any computer that has access to the internet, but you should use Chrome or Safari for your browser.