SafeSchools is a library of online school-focused safety courses that can be accessed anytime and anywhere on the CISD website.
The 2018-2019 CISD staff development is scheduled to begin on Monday, August 6, 2018. Teachers, librarians, speech therapists, and nurses will have the opportunity to take five to six hours of online staff development courses through the Safe Schools System during the summer in “exchange” for attending the August 6, 2018 training session. In addition to the district-wide hours of online training, your campus administrator may also assign further courses of study to be completed. Participation in the “exchange day” is voluntary and teachers, librarians, speech therapists, and nurses are not required to participate. Those choosing to participate will complete the Safe Schools online staff development training during the summer and will report for duty on Tuesday, August 7, 2018 rather than Monday, August 6, 2018. No credit will be given for partial completion.
To complete your SafeSchools training, please follow the steps below:
- Beginning June 4, 2018, you will be able to login to the SafeSchools website to access your training. All teachers, librarians, speech therapists, and nurses will use their assigned Employee Identification Number (EIN) to login to the Safe Schools website at http://conroe.tx.safeschools.com/login/ or by going to the CISD homepage under “Employee” and selecting “Safe Schools”.
- To access the courses and information, log in using your employee identification number (EIN) for your username. No password is required.
- Upon logging in to the SafeSchools site, you will see the list of courses that have been assigned to you.
- To start a training, click on the course title, then follow the prompts.
- You can start and stop a course at any time, but you must view each page of the training in order to receive credit.
- At the end of each course, you must complete the required assessment with 70% accuracy in order to receive credit for the training.
- The training can be completed on any computer that has access to the internet, but you should use Chrome or Safari for your browser.
- The employee handbook will be added upon its approval. Communication will be sent out to log in to SafeSchools to access and acknowledge you have read and received the employee handbook.
- Save all certificates of SafeSchools training completion. Be mindful of any position change during, or after, the time of completing required courses. A change in position may change your required courses.