SafeSchools is a library of online school-focused safety courses that can be accessed anytime and anywhere on the CISD website.
Exchange Day Info:
The 2019-2020 CISD staff development is scheduled to begin on Tuesday, August 6, 2019. Teachers, librarians, speech therapists, and nurses will have the opportunity to take five to six hours of online staff development courses through the Safe Schools System during the summer in “exchange” for attending the August 6, 2019 training session. In addition to the district-wide hours of online training, your campus administrator may also assign further courses of study to be completed. Participation in the “exchange day” is voluntary and teachers, librarians, speech therapists, and nurses are not required to participate. Those choosing to participate will complete the Safe Schools online staff development training during the summer and will report for duty on Wednesday, August 7, 2019 rather than Tuesday, August 6, 2019.
The rules regarding the “exchange day” for August 6, 2019 staff development are listed below and an electronic acknowledge of understanding will be required prior to the end of the 2018-2019 school year in order to participate on August 6, 2019.
All teachers, librarians, speech therapists, and nurses who choose to participate in the “exchange day” must understand and comply with the following:
- No “personal day” absences will be approved for August 6, 2019. Teachers who do not complete the required training during the summer must report for duty on August 6, 2019.
- The online training will be available from June 3 through August 5, 2019.
- To be excused from reporting for duty on August 6, 2019, all assigned training must be completed by August 5, 2019. No credit will be given for partial completion.
- Those who have not completed all training and do not report for duty on August 6, 2019 will be considered absent from duty without permission and are subject to disciplinary consequences, including loss of accrued leave.
About Safe Schools:
Safe Schools is a library of online school-focused safety courses that can be accessed anytime and anywhere through the CISD website. The Safe Schools courses selected for our teachers, librarians, speech therapists, and nurses cover varying topics, including child abuse identification and intervention, sexual harassment, and many others.
To complete your training, please follow the steps below:
- Beginning June 3, 2019 you will be able to login to the Safe Schools website to access your training. All teachers, librarians, speech therapists, and nurses will use their assigned Employee Identification Number (EIN) to login to the Safe Schools website or by going to the CISD homepage under “Employee” and selecting “Safe Schools.”
a. To login, an employee must know his or her EIN – this number will be the employee’s username. No password is required.
b. If you have trouble logging in, please contact your campus principal.
- The EINs for new employees will be uploaded once a week on Mondays. If you are a new teacher, librarian, speech therapist, or nurse and have not been assigned an EIN, please email Claire Amos at email@example.com or contact her at 936-709-7782.
- Once you have logged into the Safe Schools site, you will see the list of courses that have been assigned to you. To start a training, click on the course title, then follow the prompts. You can start and stop a course at any time, but you must view each page of the training and complete each required scenario and test in order to receive credit. At the end of each course you must complete the required assessment with 70% accuracy in order for you to receive credit for the training. The training can be completed on any computer that has access to the Internet.
- The employee handbook will be added upon its approval. Communication will be sent out to log in to SafeSchools to access and acknowledge you have read and received the employee handbook.
- Save all certificates of SafeSchools training completion. Be mindful of any position change during, or after, the time of completing required courses. A change in position may change your required courses.
Forgot your EIN?
You may look it up using the employee directory and click on “Get My Info.”
(You must either be on the CISD network or use the VPN login to access the directory page. View the VPN instructions.