At their January meeting, the CISD Board of Trustees adopted the 2018-2019 School Calendar as recommended by the CISD District-Level Planning and Decision-Making Committee (DLPDMC).
The 18-19 calendar reflects 177 days of instruction and a minimum of 75,600 instructional minutes for students and 187 working days for teachers.
Additional highlights include:
- First Day of School: August 15, 2018
- Days Off:
- Labor Day: September 3
- Thanksgiving Break: November 19-23
- Winter Break: December 20-January 7
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: January 21
- Presidents’ Day: February 18
- Spring Break: March 11-15
- Same as: Baylor, Lone Star College, Sam Houston, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, University of Houston
- Holiday: April 19 & 22
- Last Day for Students: May 30, 2019
Two 2018-2019 Draft Calendars along with two Spring Break options were posted on the CISD website and provided to campuses to share with their staff and community. During this time, nearly 3,000 comments were submitted through the District’s website. The DLPDMC reviewed the comments and suggestions received from staff, parents, and community and recommended Calendar Draft 2 with a March 11-15 Spring Break as the 2018-2019 School Calendar.
“I want to thank you for the work that the Committee has done. I know that they spent a lot of time, you spent a lot of time, compiling the 3,000 comments,” commented Board President Melanie Bush. “I really appreciate that so thank you very much.”
The approved 2018-19 School Calendar is available on the District’s calendar website.