Substitute Hiring Requirements
Sub applications for the 2023-2024 school year will only be accepted through March 15th, 2023.
Below are the substitute categories and minimum requirements for each; select from the list below for detailed information and pay rates for each.
- Certified Substitute Teacher: Can pick-up teacher positions.
- Non-Certified Substitute Teacher: Can pick-up teacher or paraprofessional jobs; paid by job type.*
- Nurse Substitute: Can pick-up only nurse positions and must attend nurse training.
- Paraprofessional Substitute: Can pick-up only paraprofessional positions.
- Cafeteria Substitute: Can pick-up only cafeteria positions and must attend separate training.
How to Submit Your Online Application
Substitute Application Process
NOTE: If you are a current or recently separated CISD employee, you will not be eligible for hire in any capacity (including as a part-time substitute employee) until the month following the issuance of your last paycheck. TRS Retirees may have to wait an additional 30 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some helpful resources for Substitutes; select from the list on the left.
Open 8:00am-4:30pm M-F email@example.com / Ph: 936-709-7710