Applications will REOPEN for the 2021-2022 academic year on June 1st, 2021
- Applications for the 2020-2021 year have closed.
- Applications submitted between April 1st-May 31st WILL NOT be processed.
- You will need to update and resubmit your application after June 1st.
- The application process generally takes 3-4 weeks, including fingerprints if required.
- Fingerprints cost approximately $50 — this is NOT REIMBURSED.
- Follow the steps to apply under “Submit Your Online Application” below.
- Check your email frequently to speed the process.
- CISD substitutes are required to work a minimum of 6 FULL days per school year. *
- All six days must be completed PRIOR to April 30th.
- Note: Substitutes who elect to receive benefits must meet additional work requirements.*
- We do NOT utilize the substitute pool in the summer months.
- Information on Conroe ISD’s reopening plans can be found on the “Roadmap to Reopening“.
Substitute Hiring Requirements
Below are substitute categories and the minimum requirements for each; select from the list below for more detailed information and pay rates for each.
Submit Your Online Application
Below are the steps to apply as a substitute. Keep in mind that you need to submit separate applications for each TYPE of position with Conroe ISD (in case you apply in a different category later on). Be sure you select the SUBSTITUTE application.
Substitute Application Process
NOTE: If you are currently an employee of the district or have recently separated employment, you will not be eligible for hire in any capacity (including as a part-time substitute employee) until the month following the issuance of your last paycheck.
COVID-19 Information for All Substitutes
Below are some helpful resources for Substitutes; select from the list on the left.
Substitute Office Hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Ph: 936-709-7710 / firstname.lastname@example.org