Next CISD Trustee Election: November 3, 2020
Board members shall be elected for Four (4) year terms:
- Positions 4, 5, 6, and 7 will be held in November 2020
- Positions 1, 2, and 3 will be held in November 2022
Trustee candidate applications can be filed in the CISD Legal Department located at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304 beginning Monday, July 20, 2020, through 5:00 p.m. August 17, 2020.
Candidate Eligibility: An individual is eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a Texas school board if the individual:
- Is a United States citizen;
- Is 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable;
- Has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- Has not been finally convicted of a felony;
- Has resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
- For an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot;
- For a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate’s name is written in; or
- For an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made;
- Is registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected on the date described above;
- Must be a qualified voter: 18 years of age or older, a U.S. citizen, a Texas resident, a registered voter, not determined to be totally or partially mentally incapacitated by an appropriate court, and not finally convicted of a felony;
- Has not been convicted of a felony or an offense under Texas Penal Code §43.02(b) regarding prostitution.
Tex. Educ. Code §11.061; Texas Election Code §§11.002; 11.066; and 141.001.