The State Board of Education (SBOE) issued Proclamation 2019 at its April 2017 meeting. The adoption of materials under Proclamation 2019 is scheduled to occur in November 2018. The adopted materials are scheduled to go into classrooms in the 2019–20 school year.
Proclamation 2019 calls for instructional materials for
- English language arts and reading
- grades K–8; Spanish language arts and reading
- grades K–6; spelling (English and Spanish)
- grades 1–6; handwriting (English and Spanish)
- grades K–5; English Learners Language Arts
- grades 7–8; and Personal Financial Literacy