The Conroe ISD Board of Trustees approved the 2019-2020 School Calendar at their January Meeting.
Conroe ISD’s District-Level Planning and Decision-Making Committee (DLPDMC) is responsible for developing the 2019-2020 school calendar. The DLPDMC developed two drafts for the community to review and provide feedback from Monday, November 26, 2018, through noon on Monday, January 7, 2019. The DLPDMC reviewed over 2,100 comments prior to recommending Draft 2 to the Board of Trustees at their Regular Board Meeting on Tuesday, January 15, 2019.
Features of 2019-2020 Calendar:
- 177 days for students
- 187 days for teachers
- First Day of School: August 14, 2019
- September 2: Labor Day
- October 14
- November 25-29: Thanksgiving Day
- Winter Break: December 20-January 7
- January 20: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- February 17: Presidents’ Day
- March 9-13: Spring Break
- Same as: Baylor; Cy-Fair ISD; Katy ISD; Lone Star College; Sam Houston State University; Texas A&M
- April 10
- Last Day for Students: May 28
Staff Development Days:
- August 6-12
- November 11: Veterans Day
- January 7
Considerations when developing the calendar drafts can be found in the presentation made to the Board of Trustees at their November Meeting posted on the Board of Trustees Information webpage.