CISD and ORHS are a part of a learning community united in its commitment to ensuring that all students graduate with confidence and competence.
Oak Ridge High School will accept the responsibility to provide an educational environment for all students to:
• Strive to achieve their highest level of academic achievement
• Operate as responsible citizens in a rapidly-changing world now and in the 21st century
• Awaken a positive image of self and others
• Recognize that education is not received but achieved
At Oak Ridge High School we help develop better and more productive citizens for the 21st century.
- Deborah Hughes, AST PRINCIPAL/ HIGH SCHOOL
- Shawn Almond, PRINCIPAL ASSOCIATE/HS/SCHOOL OPER
- Kevin Solberg, AST PRINCIPAL/ HIGH SCHOOL
- Anthony Livecchi, PRINCIPAL/ASSOC PRINCIPAL/HS/9TH GR
NUMBER OF STUDENTS
School Colors: Red, blue and white
Mascot: War Eagle
Date Built: 1981
School Named for: The community it serves
Birnham Woods Elementary
Oak Ridge Elementary
Irons Junior High
York Junior High
Oak Ridge High School
Oak Ridge High School is a comprehensive school that offers a wide range of curricular and extra-curricular opportunities, allowing students as many choices as possible. ORHS offers a myraid of courses to meet diversified needs and goals of its students. The instructional approaches include advanced placement, dual credit with Lone Star College—Montgomery, pre-ap and honors, as well as modified curriculum for special needs students. The Air Force Junior ROTC program emphasizes aerospace science and leadership training. Through a variety of clubs and organizations incorporating service, students engage in many community projects building active and responsible citizenship.
1998-99: Named by Siemens Corporation, the College Board, and the Education Testing Service as one of the top ten high schools in the nation for advanced placement achievement and participation.