Skeeter Hubert, First Vice President, was elected to the Conroe ISD School Board in November 2014 to be an advocate for children and educators alike. Being married to an educator, Mr. Hubert has seen first hand the challenges teachers, counselors, and administrators face on a daily basis. As a parent, he has collaborated with campus teams to be an advocate for the needs of his children. As a community member, for the past 10 years, he has taught the EfTA Future Focus curriculum to hundreds of junior high students in CISD. Along with serving on the CISD School Board, Mr. Hubert has also served on the following boards:
- Montgomery County Emergency Assistance (MCEA) – Board Chairman 2012-2014
- Education for Tomorrow Alliance (EfTA) Board Member 2010-2013, EfTA Future Focus facilitator 2008 to present
- Conroe Area Youth Baseball Coach 2014-16
- South County Football League Coach 2013
- Montgomery County Fair Committee Volunteer 2012
- South Montgomery County March of Dimes Revenue Chairman 2009, 2016-17
- Woodlands Community Association Director 2007-2009
- Connecting Families of Montgomery County Board Member 2005-2007
- South Montgomery Chamber Business Expo Team Leader in 2005 & 2006, Chairman’s Ball Team Leader in 2007
- Children’s Safe Harbor: Executive Committee Member, Finance 2006
- Conroe YMCA: Board of Directors, 2004-2005
- Humane Society of Montgomery County Fundraiser Chairman 2004
- Assistant Scout Master – Tall Timbers Troop 347 1998-2004, 2009-2011
Originally from San Antonio, Mr. Hubert moved to Huntsville in 1993 to attend Sam Houston State University where he completed his Bachelor of Science in Agriculture with a minor in Business. In January of 1997, he married his high school sweetheart, Bonnie, and they bought their first home in Montgomery County. Since that time, the family has been blessed with four children.
Mr. Hubert’s term expires in 2022.