The Conroe Independent School District Employee Health Fair will be held on Saturday, January 20, 2018 at The Woodlands College Park High School from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Come and experience FREE chair massages, health screenings, car seat installations, product samples, giveaways, and over 250 door prizes!
The Health Fair is a FREE family event! Employees will need their CISD ID badge to check in and claim their entry prize.
Pre-Registration is required for the following:
For employees and spouses enrolled in a CISD Aetna medical plan. Screenings will begin at 8:00 a.m. and are limited to the first 300 participants.
Each screening takes about 15 minutes from check-in to completion, and includes: biometric measurements (height, weight, Body Mass Index (BMI), and blood pressure measurements) and a venipuncture blood draw. Results will be given for HDL, LDL, total cholesterol, triglycerides, glucose, and A1C. Males age 40 and older will also receive PSA results.
To ensure you receive a wellness screening, follow the steps below to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins will be accepted on a limited basis but cannot be guaranteed.
Schedule your appointment between December 4 and January 2, 2018.
If this is your first time using the site, please use the following information to register:
- Click the Register Now button in the Sign Up Now area.
- Enter your Registration Key: conroeisd and click the Continue button.
- Enter your Unique ID: your CISD Employee Identification Number (EIN) and provide other information as prompted to complete the registration process. Your spouseâs unique ID is: your CISD EIN with an S on the end. (Example: Your EIN is 976543. Your unique ID is 976543 and your spouseâs unique ID is 976543S.)
- If you are a returning user (you received a biometric wellness screening from Quest at the 2017 Employee Health Fair), please log in with the username and password you previously created. If needed, use the Forgot Your username? or Forgot Your Password? links to retrieve your login information.
- Select Get Started to go to the Screening Home Page.
- Select Participate Now and follow the instructions to schedule your appointment.
- After scheduling, you should receive confirmation and appointment reminder emails.
If you schedule an appointment, please make every effort to report for your screening the day of the fair. Missed appointments may deny other individuals the opportunity to receive a screening and result in no-show charges to the District. If you are not able to keep your appointment, please contact the Quest Diagnostics Health & Wellness Service Center by phone toll-free at 1-855-623-9355 or by email at Wellness@QuestDiagnostics.com. Appointments canceled after January 2, 2018, are counted as no-shows.
Prepare for Your Screening
Remember to fast. No food or drinks except water 9-12 hours prior to your appointment, unless otherwise advised by your physician. Drink plenty of water. If you are unable to fast, please advise a Quest Diagnostics staff member. Take all medications according to your regular schedule.
Viewing Your Results
You’ll receive an email when your results are available online, typically within three business days. Your results from previous years will also be available for viewing online. Your printed results report will arrive in the mail 2-3 weeks after screening.
All information in the assessment and the results report is personal and confidential, as protected by federal law. Conroe ISD will not have access to your individual results. Confidential test results will be shared with Aetna for consideration of participation in an Aetna Special Program.
Get your screening mammogram with Assured Imaging or The Rose from 9:00 am to 3:30 pm. Schedule your appointment today!
Screenings are free for members of a Conroe ISD Aetna medical plan. Assured Imaging and The Rose both accept most major medical plans. If you are not enrolled in a Conroe ISD medical plan, please contact your insurance carrier to find out how these services are covered.
Please note: Conroe ISD Aetna medical plan members have the freedom to choose any provider in the Aetna network(s) affiliated with their plan to receive free routine screening mammograms at no cost, per plan criteria. If you have questions about this benefit, please call Aetna Member Services at 1-866-381-8933 or log in to your Aetna Navigator site at www.aetna.com.
Preparing For Your Appointment
- Do not wear lotions, ointments, powders, perfumes or deodorants on the day of your appointment.
- Please wear two-piece clothing for your convenience and comfort.
- Please bring the following to your appointment: insurance card, photo ID, and prior mammography records, if possible.
To schedule your appointment with Assured Imaging:
- Call 1-888-233-6121. Please have your insurance card handy so they can verify your medical benefits.
- Save time and get your patient forms online! Visit http://www.assuredwomenswellness.com/patient-forms/. Complete the patient registration and history forms, then print and bring them to your appointment.
To schedule your appointment with The Rose:
- Schedule online at therose.org/mobile (enter the company code CISD).
- Answer the prescreening questions and enter your personal information.
- Select your appointment time.
- Please contact The Rose at 281-464-5136 with any questions.
- Patients will automatically be scheduled for 2D mammography, covered by your plan. 3D mammography is available upon patient request for $60. Payment will be due at the time of service. To upgrade your screening to 3D mammography please schedule online first and then call 281-464-5136.
Did you know that four out of five child car seats are not properly installed? Could yours be one of them? Car crashes are a leading killer of children ages 1 to 13. Every 33 seconds, one child under age 13 is involved in a crash. In 2015, among children under the age of 5 in cars, an estimated 266 lives were SAVED by child restraints. Car seats save lives when they are installed properly!
The Conroe ISD Police Department is proud to partner with the Montgomery County Hospital District, the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, and Safe Kids Greater Houston in order to provide FREE car seat checks, installations, and education at the CISD Health Fair. Have your car seat(s) inspected by a certified technician.
9:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
To schedule a car seat check or installation:
- Visit MoCoKids.org to make an online appointment. Select “CISD Employees” under Categories. Then select a service (no seat needed or check with assistance). One appointment per child must be scheduled.
- You may also call 832-919-7233 to book an appointment.
- Please bring your CISD badge with you the day of the health fair for the car seat check.
If a child does not have a car seat, or if the seat is unsafe to use, a new car seat may be provided for families in need. The reduced cost is $20 and the child must be present.
The first sign that you may be a candidate for a heart attack or stroke is usually… a heart attack or stroke. Cancer is often not diagnosed until stage 3 or 4. So how do we fight these asymptomatic diseases, when we know that early detection can make all the difference in the world?
If you have struggled with your weight, have been a smoker, eat an unbalanced diet, are physically inactive, have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or diabetes, or if you have a family history of heart disease, stroke or cancer, you may benefit from the RightWay screenings. The screening process is quick, painless, and non-invasive.
RightWay Imaging is pleased to offer 9 state-of-the-art ultrasound screenings to detect abnormalities before they escalate into serious health problems – all 9 tests will be offered for about $17 each for District employees & their extended families. The total cost for all screenings is $159, which is not covered under medical insurance unless you have symptoms, but you are able to use your flexible spending account (FSA) or health savings account (HSA) to pay for it if you have one. RightWay also accepts other forms of payment.
RightWay Imaging will screen the carotid arteries & lower abdominal aorta for blockage, plaque build-up and aneurysms. They will screen the liver, left and right kidneys, thyroid, spleen & gallbladder for cysts, tumors, masses, unusual growth, kidney stones, and gallstones, and then will perform an EKG to detect irregular heartbeats (also known as AFib).
To schedule your screening during the health fair, call RightWay Imaging today at 281-616-9192!
Other Health Fair Offerings:
Texas Vaccine Institute will be providing flu vaccines at the fair. Appointments are not necessary. Flu vaccines are free for all members of a CISD Aetna medical plan. There will be a $25 charge for employees and their family members who are not enrolled in a CISD Aetna medical plan.
Because the CDC has only manufactured the inactivated quadrivalent flu shot in 2017, flu mists are not available, as the CDC found them to be ineffective in preventing the flu for this year’s flu season. The quadrivalent vaccine is designed to protect against four different flu viruses – two influenza A viruses and two influenza B viruses. Flu season runs from October to May, so it’s not too late to get a flu shot!
Pre-registration for flu vaccines at the health fair is not required.
Conroe ISD is excited to offer free hearing screenings this year by our Health Services Department!
Hearing loss increases as a function of age, but can occur anytime. While more than 30% of people over age 65 have some type of hearing loss, 14% of those between 45 and 64 have hearing loss. Almost 8 million people between the ages of 18 and 44 have hearing loss.
Be sure to stop by for your free hearing screening at the fair! Pre-registration is not required.