July 1-31, 2019
for plan year beginning
September 1, 2019
Group Health Plan Changes
Beginning September 1, 2019, UnitedHealthcare® will replace Aetna® as the group health plan administrator. With the change, you will choose from three medical plan options:
NEW Charter Kelsey-Seybold
Nexus ACO R Memorial Hermann
Choice Plus HDHP
Please check this website regularly for updates.
Conroe ISD Employee Health and Wellness Center
19675 I-45 South, Suite 100
(on the Oak Ridge Elementary School campus)
Go to clinic website
Monday – 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tues/Wed/Thur – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Fri/Sat – 8 a.m. to noon
Sunday – Closed
Eric Munchrath, MSN, RN, FNP-C, LP
Andrea Scace, MSN, RN, FNP-BC
Care Manager Program
Get help managing a chronic condition, discuss your health concerns, and more during a free, confidential consultation with our Care Manager, LaToshia Talford Gordon, RN, CCM. To be eligible, you must be enrolled in a Conroe ISD medical plan. Effective September 1, 2019, the Care Manager Program will no longer be available. You may schedule appointments through August 31, 2019.
The following links require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader. Follow this link to install the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- You are responsible for completing online enrollment, even if you decline all coverage, within 31 calendar days of your date of hire. Failure to enroll within this time frame will result in forfeiture of benefits until the next open enrollment period.
- Changes are not permitted unless you experience a qualifying event and request a change of election within 31 calendar days of the event. Please review the Guidelines for Change of Electionpdf for additional information.
- Full-Time Employees: Premiums are due beginning on the first day of coverage. Therefore, a delay in enrollment may result in an increased deduction on the first paycheck following successful enrollment in order to collect any premium(s) not previously deducted. The first payroll deduction of premium(s) is determined by the Conroe ISD Pay Schedulepdf. You may refer to the Benefits Enrollment/Deduction Schedulepdf for more details on these timelines.
- Part-Time, Substitute, and Temporary Employees: Premiums are due by the 20th day of each preceding month (i.e., November premium due by October 20). If you are enrolling on or after the 20th day of the month, you must submit payment for one calendar month immediately upon completion of your enrollment. All premiums must be mailed to the District’s third party administrator. If you fail to pay the monthly premiums in a timely manner, the District will proceed with the coverage cancellation process. Effective September 1, 2019, you must work 52 hours per month to maintain eligibility for the medical plan. To meet this requirement, substitutes must work a minimum of six full workdays each month.
- To log in to the online insurance enrollment system, you will need to use either your Conroe ISD Employee Identification Number (EIN) or your Social Security Number. Your PIN is a 6 digit sequence of the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number followed by the last 2 digits of your birth year.
- For technical assistance with the enrollment site, please call First Financial Administrators toll-free at 1-855-523-8422.
UnitedHealthcare Medical Plans Effective September 1, 2019:
Charter Kelsey-Seybold SBCpdf
Charter Kelsey-Seybold SBC (Spanish)pdf
Choice Plus HDHP SBCpdf
Choice Plus HDHP SBC (Spanish)pdf
Nexus ACO R Memorial Hermann SBCpdf
Nexus ACO R Memorial Hermann SBC (Spanish)pdf
Aetna Medical Plans Effective September 1, 2018-August 31, 2019:
Aetna Whole Health – Memorial Hermann Accountable Care Network SBCpdf
Aetna High Deductible Health Plan SBCpdf
Employees have the ability to select electronic delivery of Form 1095-C through the Employee Access Center. This allows you immediate access to your form in the Employee Access Center and saves the District processing costs. Electronic forms for 2018 became available February 13, 2019.
View the Electronic Disclosure Statementpdf. Please note the IRS due date for distributing 2018 forms is March 4, 2019.
For employees who do not consent to electronic delivery of Form 1095-C, a paper copy of the 2018 form was mailed February 14, 2019, to the address of record. Therefore, it is important to keep your mailing address updated with the District. If you have moved, please update your address in the Employee Access Center or complete an Address/Name/Phone/ Change Formpdf and submit it to the Conroe ISD Human Resources Department.
Please note the IRS due date for distributing 2018 forms is March 4, 2019.
Additional Form 1095-C copies are available online through the Employee Access Center. The first tax year requiring employer distribution of 1095-C forms was 2015, so forms for prior years are not available. If a replacement Form 1095-C is needed, please contact the Conroe ISD Employee Benefits Office at email@example.com or 936-709-7808.
Please allow 3-5 business days for processing.
Please note the IRS due date for 2018 forms is March 4, 2019.
Annual Enrollment 2019-2020
Once a year, from July 1 through July 31, you have the opportunity to review, change, or continue your benefits for the coming year. You are required to submit enrollment selections during this time, even if you do not elect any coverage through the District, or you wish to keep your coverage the same. Elections saved as of 11:59 p.m. CDT on July 31, 2019, will take effect September 1, 2019, and continue through August 31, 2020.
If you participate in a flexible spending account (health FSA and/or dependent care FSA), health savings account (HSA), or the Conroe ISD Alternate Plan, you must re-enroll in these benefits annually.
After July 31, you may only make changes if you experience a qualifying event, such as marriage, divorce, birth or adoption of a child, death of a covered dependent, or a change in your spouse’s employment status, to name a few. You have 30 days from the event date to notify the Conroe ISD Benefits Office and make changes to your benefits. The notification period for Medicaid and CHIP eligibility is 60 days.
Packets containing the annual enrollment brochure and 2019-2020 Employee Benefits Quick Reference Guide were mailed June 13, 2019. To access these documents electronically, please use the following links:
2019-2020 Annual Enrollment Brochurepdf
2019-2020 Employee Benefits Quick Reference Guide for Full-Time Employeespdf
2019-2020 Employee Benefits Quick Reference Guide for Substitute, Part-Time, and Temporary Employeespdf
- Enroll online at ffga.benselect.com/Enroll.
- Enter your CISD employee ID number, or full Social Security number (SSN) without any dashes, in the appropriate box.
- Enter your six-digit PIN (last four digits of your SSN, followed by the last two digits of your birth year) in the appropriate box.
You do not have to be on the District network to enroll.
For technical assistance with the enrollment site, please call the FFenroll Call Center at 1-855-523-8422. Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
You will have computer access to complete the online enrollment process at Conroe High School 9th Grade Campus Library, Grand Oaks High School Library, and The Woodlands College Park High School Library from July 1-31. Representatives from First Financial, the District’s third party administrator, will also be available to provide enrollment assistance, and UnitedHealthcare® and Kelsey-Seybold representatives will be available to answer questions about the new medical and pharmacy benefits. Refer to the schedule below for specific dates and times. Walk-ins are accepted, but appointments will be honored. You may schedule your appointment online or by calling First Financial at 1-855-523-8422.
Monday-Wednesday, July 1-3, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Monday-Thursday, July 8-11, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Monday-Thursday, July 15-18, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Monday-Friday, July 22-26, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday-Wednesday, July 29-31, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
*Spanish speaking assistance will be available on Mondays at Conroe High School 9th Grade Campus only.
Health plan presentations will be held daily at 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
*Presentations will be given in Spanish at 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on Mondays at Conroe High School 9th Grade Campus only.
Conroe High School 9th Grade Campus is located at:
400 Sgt. Ed Holcomb Blvd. North
Conroe, TX 77304
Grand Oaks High School is located at:
4800 Riley Fuzzel Rd.
Spring, TX 77386
The Woodlands College Park High School is located at:
3701 College Park Dr.
The Woodlands, TX 77382
Note: Whether you self-enroll or seek enrollment assistance, you are responsible for the selections submitted in the online enrollment system. You should review the Benefit Confirmation/Deduction Authorization statement carefully to ensure it accurately reflects the coverage you want in effect or wish to decline as of September 1, 2019.
July 1 – Enrollment begins.
July 31 – Last day for enrollment and changes.
August 20 – Substitute, part-time, and temporary employees, September premium payment due to First Financial.
August 31 – Last day to submit evidence of insurability, if required (listed as “requested” on enrollment confirmation statement).
September 1 – Effective date of 2019 – 2020 plan year. Full-time employees, review your paycheck deductions to ensure annual enrollment selections are reflected.
We are pleased to report there will be no increases to medical premiums for the 2019-2020 plan year. The following changes will take effect September 1, 2019:
Group Health Plan
- UnitedHealthcare will replace Aetna as administrator of the Conroe ISD group health plan.
- An additional medical plan option will be available, giving you three choices:
- NEW Charter Kelsey-Seybold is a coordinated care plan that utilizes Kelsey-Seybold providers only. Plan members will automatically have Kelsey-Seybold assigned as the primary care physician (PCP), with the ability to go to any Kelsey-Seybold PCP. Referrals will not be required for Kelsey-Seybold specialists. Cost sharing consists of copays, deductibles, and coinsurance.
- Nexus ACO R Memorial Hermann will replace the Aetna Whole Health℠ plan. It is an accountable care organization (ACO) plan that uses a tiered design of Memorial Hermann (Tier 1) and UHC Choice (Tier 2) networks. Plan members will be required to designate a PCP and obtain a referral for specialist services. Cost sharing consists of copays, deductibles, and coinsurance, and benefits are for network providers only. The plan will incur increases in the Tier 1 copay, deductible, coinsurance, and out-of-pocket maximum amounts.
- Choice Plus HDHP is an exclusive provider organization that operates under a broad network called “Choice Plus,” and it takes the place of the HDHP. Plan members will have direct access (no referral required) to providers for covered services and supplies and will pay lower out-of-pocket costs when using in-network providers. Cost sharing is based on deductibles and coinsurance, and there will be a slight decrease in premiums with an increase to the out-of-pocket maximums. This plan qualifies as a high deductible health plan, so participants are eligible to contribute to a health savings account (HSA), which has an increased contribution limit for 2019.
Voluntary Plan Options (full-time employees)
- Slight increase in dental premiums for the DMO plan.
- Health FSA contribution limit increase.
- Disability carrier change from The Standard to American Fidelity. Lower rates!
- If you currently have disability insurance:
- You may keep the same benefit amount, waiting period (or most similar option), and benefits payable period, OR you may choose a new benefit amount equal to 66 2/3 percent, 50 percent, or 35 percent of your salary; you will also select the waiting period and the amount of time benefits are payable.
- You will not be subject to preexisting condition provisions.
- During annual enrollment, your existing coverage will show as already enrolled. If you want to change to the new percentage plan, change the waiting period, and/or change the benefits payable period, you will need to edit your existing selection, then unlock and waive the coverage. The new options will appear, and you will need to make your selection. Please note that once you waive the existing coverage, it cannot be reinstated.
- If you do not currently have disability insurance, you will be treated as a new applicant.
- If you currently have disability insurance:
Because of the medical plan change from Aetna to UnitedHealthcare September 1, 2019, all medical plan participants with coverage as of this date will receive new ID cards for the new plan year. You will not receive any other cards unless information on the current card changes, or the card is expiring (flex benefits). You should contact the plan carrier if you require a replacement card. Note: Aetna does not mail dental ID cards. If you need to print a dental ID card, log in to www.aetna.com.
During July, Assured Imaging will bring their mobile coaches to the following locations for on-site mammography screenings. Every woman who receives an on-site mammogram during annual enrollment will receive a $10 Walmart gift card and will be entered into a drawing for a CoachÂ® purse! Prizes are provided and distributed by Assured Imaging.
The Woodlands College Park High School
3701 College Park Dr.
The Woodlands, TX 77384
Thursday, July 11, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday, July 31, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Conroe High School 9th Grade Campus
400 Sgt. Ed Holcomb Blvd. North
Conroe, TX 77304
Tuesday, July 16, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Grand Oaks High School
4800 Riley Fuzzel Rd.
Spring, TX 77386
Tuesday, July 23, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Who can be screened?
- Women age 35 and older who have not had a mammogram in the last 12 months
- Women who have a referring physician willing to accept the results of the screening for diagnostic purposes; women who have a history of breast cancer who have been in remission for at least five years and who provide Assured Imaging with two years of prior mammograms that were obtained after all treatment for breast cancer was completed
Who should not be screened?
- Women who are experiencing any breast symptoms or problems
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding
What is the cost of the screening?
- Routine mammograms are free for Conroe ISD Aetna medical plan members.
- If you are not enrolled in a Conroe ISD medical plan, please contact your insurance carrier to find out how these services are covered. Assured Imaging accepts most major medical plans. If you wish to pay cash for a mammogram, the cost is $150.
Schedule and prepare for your appointment:
- Go to assuredimaging.com/conroeisd and select an appointment time, or call 1-888-233-6121.
- The day of your appointment:
- Bring your medical ID card and completed patient forms (available at assuredwomenswellness.com “Screening Services” tab), and prior mammography records (if possible).
- Do not wear lotions, ointments, powders, perfumes, or deodorants.
- Wear two-piece clothing for your convenience and comfort.