Conroe ISD established an Attendance Boundary Committee (ABC) comprised of central administration, campus principals from the schools most likely impacted by any changes, and parent representatives selected by those campus principals. The purpose of the ABC was to develop and propose possible zoning scenarios to submit to the community for feedback. The scenarios were refined based on the community’s feedback and the zoning plan recommendation will be presented to the District’s Board of Trustees for their consideration.
Along with community input, the ABC considered factors such as those listed below as they developed zoning scenarios.
- Campus capacity
- Feeder pattern and school history
- Geographical locations
- Location of existing neighborhoods and communities
- Locations of natural or other boundaries such as major thoroughfares, freeways, railroad tracks, and bodies of water
- Impact on families
- Number of times an area has been rezoned and the likelihood of future rezoning
- Possible locations of future schools
- Projected future enrollment for campuses
- Transportation pattern
The Conroe Independent School District continues to be one of the fastest growing school districts in Texas. As a result, it periodically becomes necessary to redraw the attendance boundaries of our schools. The two most frequent reasons for revisiting the boundaries of campuses are to accommodate the opening of new schools to meet the demands of our growing population and to accommodate shifts/growth in populations that occur over time.
The District’s goals during the rezoning process are:
- To be mindful that providing for the education and welfare of all students is our mission.
- To draw attendance boundaries that support the efficient and effective use of school facilities and resources, while maintaining our fiscal responsibility to the public.
- To plan and allow for future growth at existing and new campuses.
- To reduce enrollment at overcrowded campuses.
- To engage in a dialogue with the community about possible zoning changes and how the changes may impact families.
- To establish an Attendance Boundary Committee that including parents from affected schools to develop proposed attendance boundary scenarios, receive input from the community through community meetings, the District’s website, and written comments.
- To develop a recommended zoning plan for consideration by the Board of Trustees.
Zoning Process Information
ABC presents rezoning process to create new attendance boundaries and solicits input from community via the web. The same presentation is available at three different times.
- October 4 at Irons JH at 12 PM
- October 4 at Irons JH at 7 PM
- October 10 at Knox JH at 7 PM
Community Feedback Come-and-Go Event
The ABC presents various zoning scenarios and solicits feedback. The same presentation is available at three different times. This is a come-and-go event where attendees can give feedback on proposed scenarios.
- November 8 at Irons JH from 6-8 PM
- November 9 at Irons JH from 12-1:30 PM
- November 14 at Knox JH from 6-8 PM
The ABC presents proposed zoning recommendations. The same presentation is available at three different times.
- January 8 at Irons JH at 7 PM
- January 9 at Irons JH at 12 PM
- January 9 at Knox JH at 7 PM